About Me

My photo
Hi all! I have been married to my wonderful husband, Sean for almost 11 years. We have a beautiful little girl, Annie. I am also mother to 3 naughty Beagles and one fat cat. I love music! I sing opera as a mezzo-soprano although I haven't had much opportunity to sing since college. I am a grateful daughter of Christ Jesus and love to spend time in His Word. I am thankful for my wonderful church and am becoming more involved in activites there. My husband and I coach my daughter's soccer teams and that keeps us pretty busy! Outside of this I spend a lot of time on my daughter's activites. Piano, soccer, golf, 4-H, church, etc. It can get crazy around here but I will praise Him in all things!!!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day and Christmas Cookies

Annie told me yesterday when she got home from school that they were probably going to cancel school today. I poo-pooed her thinking they would have a two hour delay and that would be that. Ok...so she was right. Our first snow day and we're still in the middle of December!

So, what should we do today? I KNOW! Let's make Christmas cookies! A grand tradition that has taken a slightly modern twist this year. We began with Sean going online to find unusual Chrsitmas cookie recipes. We came upon the "12 Cookies of Christmas" on the Disney Family website. http://family.go.com/food/recipe-599640-christmas-cookie-recipes-t/ Some of these are old favorites and some I haven't seen before. Anyway, a great conglomoration of the tastes and smells we all remember from Christmases past.

I am not feeling motivated enough to try to bake all 12 but we are attempting 6 different kinds today. The hitch? Some of them have ingredients that one does not normally keep in their pantry on a regular basis. Even though I have an entire 14x14 back room downstairs dedicated to stockpiling and such, I still don't have peppermint extract, white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, coconut, or marshmallow cream. Silly me. So, I figured we should narrow the list to included recipes using ingredients we actually HAVE. Sean had other plans...

At this very moment, my husband is driving on roads covered in 4 inches of ice and snow to go uptown to buy the ingredients for the other cookie recipes.
For those of you who don't know my husband very well, he is what I like to call, "determistant". That's "determined" and "persistant".

I'll let ya'll know how the cookies turn out...that is, if Sean makes it back in one piece!

No comments: